Thursday, December 3, 2015

Wednesday night racing again?!

I ended up racing again on Wednesday night 12/2/15, as my friends wanted to try out their new cars. Lance would be racing his new 1/8e Buggy and Fred his new B5m FL kit. I raced my RC8 with the 6x1.3 flat pistons and 32.5/35 oil that I put in on Sunday.  I took 1 practice run before racing and ended up crashing a bunch trying to get used to the new track conditions. The track was being run dry in preparation for the Top Gun Race next weekend. My car was loose and sliding around a bunch!

In round 1, a front CVA bone broke and my forward drive was severely reduced, so I pulled my car off the track. 

In round 2, a nut on one of my rear shocks came loose, which caused me to lose my Ghea delrin shock bushing :)

I qualified last due to not finishing either qualifier.  I was the fastest buggy on the track but ran out of time before I could catch Lance in the lead, as he didn't make too many mistakes. Next time I guess.

No comments: