Monday, December 14, 2015

Tinted windows! Updated!

While watching the mains at Top Gun race, I noticed that some cars had tinted windows. I don't know if they were painted like that or they had window tint film applied to the inside. I did like the look enough to stop by the auto parts store and see if they had any window tint film. LOL!

I found a roll of 6" x 26" 20% film for $16, so I bought it to try out on a few bodies. Hahaha. 


It was a pain to cut to the right size to cover the window. I got a few air bubbles and lint under the film also. And the edges of the film on the inside aren't the neatest. But from the outside it looks decent enough. And when I'm zipping by at race speed you can't see any of the imperfections. Maybe I'll ask my painter to tint my windows for my next body?


I'll probably do a few more bodies when I have some time. :)

Update:  I found out there is paint made for tinting the windows!  Tamiya Smoke!

No comments: