Monday, September 19, 2016

Sunday practice?!?!

I went out to SDRC to hang out a few hours with my buddy and get some laps in. I also wanted to wrench on my 3.0 and covert the chassis over to a laydown gearbox. Yes. I finally caved and built a laydown gearbox car.  I'm even considering racing it in stock!

I ran some packs on my B5 and B4.1 to run with my friend. After he left I tore down my 3.0 and started to build my laydown buggy.

It was going smooth until I stripped a screw going into the delrin gearbox!  That thing was hard to get out since the threads were so tight in the delrin!  But now I needed a new oddball M2.5 X 10mm flathead screw :(. Luckily one of the guys in the shop has some spare 12mm long ones. A little bit of grinding and it was the right length. 


I need to get the motor and electronics I and I can race it Friday!

No comments: