Tuesday, September 27, 2016

AZ vs CA, Round 2

Now it was Saturday 9/24/16. More guys showed up from AZ to club race at SDRC.

I spent the morning gluing up some fresh Electron rears and taking out the front aluminum bulkhead and brass weight I installed a week ago. Lol!  My laydown 22 3.0 was loose mid corner on power and I needed to make the car a little easier to drive. 

The track was still down on traction. I kept softening the rear spring rate every race, but the car wasn't getting significantly better. I also tried to break in the tires I mounted earlier, but even after a 15 minute run I was still sliding around!

I did manage to qualify 3rd this time with a 16:00 run. But I blew out in the main after crashing in the 2-2 section. 




I've swapped my front and rear pistons, trying to make the car easier to drive. So now I have 2x1.6 in the front and 3x1.4 in the back. All with 30wt TLR oil.  I also want to try the 25g brass battery plate which came with the conversion kit.  Oh, and I lowered the rear ball studs to the -1mm position.  Hopefully all these changes make the car easier to drive.  


No comments: