Monday, October 31, 2016

40+ Buggy? SDRC Saturday 10/29/16

I decided to race in the 40+ Buggy class while testing a few setup changes and tires. 

I changed to softer rear springs on my 22, which were the gray low frequency springs with a rate of 1.96 lbs/in. I also raised the ride height from 21mm to 23mm. These changes should increase the rear grip. 


I guess my changes worked!  I turned a 17.6 fast lap and a 17:15 run. This was faster than the expert stock buggy TQ!


In the second round I decided to try some new rear gold dirt webs. Oh right I'm trying dirt webs again!  Lol!  These new tires were about 0.5 seconds slower for my fast lap compared to the 1st round. 


Our main was the 2nd heat this time , so the track would be a little more damp compared to qualifying, where our class was the 5th heat. I decided to switch back to my older set of rear dirt webs, which were clearly faster than my new set.  This turned out to be the right choice as my fast lap went down to 17.3 and I win the race by taking over the lead, when the 1st and 2nd place cars crashed with about 2 laps left :)

No comments: