Tuesday, October 4, 2016

AZ vs CA, Round 4

This time it was Saturday 10/1/16, and SDRC's 1st ever "Racer Appreciation Day" race (RAD). Race entry was free for today!  But limited to 2 classes.  A 3rd class would cost you $500!  Lol!



I signed up to race Expert Stock Buggy and 13.5 Buggy. I would race my 3.0 with a "dirt" laydown gearbox in stock, and my B5m with a 17.5 in the 13.5 class. I wanted to compare lap times and race results between the 2 cars, while both had a 17.5 motor installed. 


I didn't have the cleanest run :(. But I turned a 17.9 at least?  But I wasn't in the main just yet. I figured I would need to turn at least a 17:15 to make the main and not get bumped out. 


Holy crap!  I did it!  I turned my 1st 17 lap qualifying run!  And I turned a 17:15 which put me 6th in the main!  Woohoo!  After the 4th heat, I dropped to 7th, but at least I was in :)


My nerves got me in the main :(  I over jumped the 1st double in the quad section, so I rolled the second double, and the cars behind me jumped over me. I did it again on the next lap and dropped to last. Oh well?  I made the main at least?  I would end up finishing 8th. At least I wasn't last. 




No drama in 13.5 buggy. I basically finished in 2nd every race. And I had slower runs and fast laps than my 3.0!  I guess a laydown gearbox car is faster?

No comments: