Monday, October 3, 2016

AZ vs CA, Round 3

Round 3. More of the AZ crew showed up at SDRC on Friday 9/30/16. I guess to practice for the Racer Appreciation Race (RAD) on Saturday. 

Fred tried to save pit spots on our usual table, but some of the AZ crew took them before the track opened?!  Oh well. We ended up on the left side, right next to the track. Which wasn't too bad, as I had a front row seat to watch the Mains. :)

I raced expert stock buggy and mod truck tonight. I wanted to try my new setup for the laydown gearbox.  Not sure if my changes worked or the track had more traction. I was able to turn a 17.7 second lap at least!


Turned a 17.780! On balding microns and damp track. 



I started 6th, but moved up to 4th by lap 2!  I managed to push the guys in front of me to make mistakes, and moved up to 2nd, where I finished :)


My radio battery died on the last lap!  Opps!


I'm still working on a comfortable setup to drive. I think I'll change the ackermann setting and roll center to make it easier to drive.  I still managed to finish 3rd at least. 

No comments: