Thursday, January 15, 2009

'09 Series Races

The '09 JBRL and OCRC Saturday Series schedules have been posted! It's going to be a great year for intense electric off-road racing in SoCal this year! I plan on running in the Stock Buggy and Truck classes for both series, then move up to Super Stock, and eventually Mod, as my skills improve :) Here's the schedule for this year:

OCRC Sat Series
2/28 @ OCRC
3/28 @ Hot Rod Hobbies
4/25 @ OCRC
5/30 @ OCRC
6/27 @ OCRC
7/25 Finals @ OCRC

JBRL Series
3/22 @ Hot Rod Hobbies
4/19 @ Revelation
5/2 @ OCRC
6/7 @ Pegasus
8/2 @ Freedom Park
8/23 @ Racers Haven
9/6 @ West Coast RC
10/17-18 Finals @ Hot Rod Hobbies

Some other big electric off-road races this year are the,
Off-Road Shootout 7/10-12 @ Hot Rod Hobbies
Reedy Truck Race 9/25-27 @ Hot Rod Hobbies
Bob James Memorial 11/22 @ OCRC
JConcepts Wave Race TBD @ OCRC
Surf City Classic TBD @ OCRC

I also plan to keep an eye on the tracks in NorCal for any big races up there :) So far, I haven't heard of any though.

1 comment:

Kevin Deselms said...

Yeah, it's looking like a busy year of big races in 2009...which says good things about the health of the hobby, at least in Southern California! It's obvious every time I go to the track now that the Slash is responsible for a huge resurgence of interest in electric off-road R/C racing.

I'm planning on doing 2-3 of the big races this year, I'm not sure about the JBRL but I might attend a couple, as well as the OC/RC Saturday series.