Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Norcal Hobbies Visit

I wasn't able to race at Norcal Hobbies on Saturday 1/4/09 like I was planning to as I later found out that they require you to be a ROAR member. I did stop by the track and took a few pics and video using my cell phone on Sunday though.


Outdoor on-road asphalt track






Indoor carpet track




Off-road track











The driver's stand is really tall and provides a great view of the track. The layout looks fun too with some nice rhythm sections, unique jumps, and a huge table top in front of the stand. I wish I was able to run my cars there :(

I took some bad video of cars running on the carpet track and off-road track with my cell phone too :) They're really blurry, but here they are anyway.

Indoor carpet track


Off-road track

3 comments:

Kevin Deselms said...

That looks like a cool place to race, too bad about not having a ROAR membership. There's very little reason to have one, unless you frequently compete at ROAR events or your local track requires it, which most out here don't. ROAR really needs a makeover, I think. Even a ROAR-published magazine for your annual dues payment would be something.

Unknown said...

I agree. Our track requires ROAR since we're located on state property. But it seems that now, the only thing it is good for is insurance, and national events if you're one of the few with the goal of worlds.

ra99gt said...

Ya, I only get a ROAR membership when I need one. If I had known earlier about the membership requirement, I probably would've gotten one just to race there. They had a good turnout on Saturday too, 120 entries! (At least that's what the guy behind the counter said.)

I plan to keep an eye on the events they hold there (Norcal and Delta), as I may come up to race some of them.