Tuesday, July 20, 2010

2010 JBRL, Round 3, Hot Rod Hobbies and Round 4 Pegasus Hobbies

Wow! I haven't done a JBRL update in a while! So, I will just do a quick recap of what I remember from each class at each round. Luckily I have videos though :)

Round 3, Hot Rod Hobbies
I turned 2 fast runs in qualifying for stock truck and 2 slow runs in short course! The key to going fast was clearing the big triple in the middle of the track. It was really impressive to clear it every lap, which I was able to do, thanks to my new SXX-SS and LRP X12 17.5, which I was racing with for the 1st time that weekend :)

I qualified 4th in the A for Stock Truck and almost last in the C for SC! This was the highest up the A I have qualified this year and the lowest in a class! LOL! I ended up in the C, due to the fact that my truck kept blowing over on the bigger jumps on the track and killed my time :( I destroyed the competition in the SC C main and bumped into the B main, where I finished someplace in the middle. In the Stock Truck A, I get caught up in the 1st lap mess and instantly drop to last?!

-Need to get better at race starts from the middle. I always get screwed! Or qualify higher up!
-Ran different tires every round for stock truck. Used orange bar codes, new orange bar codes, then blue bar codes for the main, as it was already night time and the track temperature had dropped a ton.








Round 4, Pegasus
I got a horrible run in round 1 in SC, then a decent one in round 2, but was only able to qualify in the "BQ" position, otherwise known as "You would've made the A if we weren't running bump-ups" position. I ran away with the lead on the start of the B main, and easily bumped into the A, where I made up a few positions on the start. I was running around in 8th I think, then get "passed" in the next to last corner on the last lap.

In Stock Truck I put in a fast run in round 1, where I almost took the TQ, if it wasn't for a tangle on the last lap that cost me some time. In round 2, the track was dry and got much faster, but I wasn't able to throw down a fast time and dropped down to 6th in the A main. Of course in the A main, I drop to last on the 1st lap, then end up finishing in 8th again :(

-The track was much better than I remember last year. Much smoother and got faster when it dried some.
-Need new rear tires for each run to go fast! :( When's the next indoor race again?










3 comments:

Kevin Deselms said...

Duuuude...that A3 main in stock looked pretty bush league, a lot of reckless driving out there.

ra99gt said...

Are you talking about the JBRL or Shootout? Since the vids I posted are from the last 2 JBRL rounds. The one at Hot Rod in May, and Pegasus a few weeks ago.

But, ya I was getting hammered in the 1st 2 A's in Stock Truck at the Shootout.

Kevin Deselms said...

Oh that was the JBRL race A main d'oh...but yeah, not real quality driving, there. Sounded like it was definitely a problem at the Shootout for you too, though. I think, personally, that the short course trucks have sort of bred a much more aggressive driving style where people don't think anything of hacking other drivers. Nobody tries to drive clean, anymore.