Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Shootout! Opening day

Today is the 1st official day of the 2010 Hot Rod Hobbies Off-Road Shootout!

Last year I was there on this day (as I was not working at the time)! However, I didn't get any track time, as the track was still being soaked to pack the dirt! It finally opened late in the afternoon for club racing on the wet track (which I did not run). I did however get to study the layout and I took a short video of it, which ended up on the Hot Rod Hobbies website! I also secured a pit spot for the week.

This year I'm here at work :( I opted to only take Thursday and Friday off, to minimize the impact on work, and save a little money on the hotel :) But, I lose getting a nice pit space on the on-road side of the track.

I've done as much prep work as I can do at home. Still have 3 sets of tires to glue up (which I will do at the track). Gonna pack up all the racing gear tonight, then tomorrow night pack up some food/drinks, my clothes, and load up my car, so that I'm ready to head up to Hot Rod Thursday morning!

No comments: