Saturday, July 17, 2010

Shootout! Resort, Round 3 and 4

I'm sitting here resting for the 1st time this weekend, as my cars are ready for Main Event day and there is no work to do. Ah!!!

So, for the resort I made both A qualifiers for SC and Truck! :) But, I got murdered in the SC A qualifier, as I was only in there due to 2 guys getting DQ'd for being underweight. In both rounds, I just ran around the track trying to stay clean and get out of the way of the top qualifiers. I think I was 29th and 35th for rounds 3&4! Oh well.

Truck was a complete opposite! I started up front in my heat, the B qualifier, but I was actually 9th the the class, or 9th in the A. I was able to put in good runs in rounds 3&4 finishing 5th and 8th!

I hung around to see the qual points to check if I made the A in truck and I did! 8th qualifier at the Shootout in Stock Truck! Woohoo! I'm 5th in the B in SC, so whatever. LOL!

Looking forward to running the triple A Mains and 1 B main tomorrow :) Then watching the A's for the mod classes and hopefully getting some video.

Also, my bro finally showed up to race today and ran his two qualifiers and qualified 5th in the A for Rookie! So, he will be running triple A mains too :)

2 comments:

Kevin Deselms said...

Nice, man! Making the A Main at the Shootout in ANY class is an accomplishment, if you asked me :)

ra99gt said...

Thanks Kevin! I was really happy to make the A! I think this year all I'm trying to do is make the A at the big races. Next year, I'd like to make the A and finish in the top 5.