Friday, July 16, 2010

Shootout! Practice

I was able to get 4 runs in on each car yesterday in the mind numbing heat (115F!). Broke 2 fans and a speedo in my T4, and burned through a new set of MX Suburbs on the SC10. Decided to ditch the fan for a heatsink, as on my last T4 run, which I ran for almost 15 min, with the broken fan, must have killed the BEC in the speedo, since the fan was locked up. Luckily, the shop had an MK3 SXX SS, so I bought one and installed it last night when I should've been resting :(

I can get around the track pretty well, as I didn't need to be marshaled much during practice. But, I can't run tight to the pipes (keep taking the hairpins in the middle of the track too wide) and jump into the pit before the step-up. Which feels faster through that jump section, if you can land it.

Hopefully, today goes better! Put in some clean runs and watch the other classes and maybe get some video :)

1 comment:

Kevin Deselms said...
This comment has been removed by the author.