Monday, July 12, 2010

Shootout! Prep

So, last week I spent getting everything ready for the Shootout!

Tire order placed, check.
Time off from work, check.
Hotel booked, check.
Mount tires for practice and Friday qualifiers, check.
Clean T4, change over to hot weather blue groove settings, rebuild shocks, weigh in race trim, check.
Clean SC10, change over to hot weather blue groove settings, rebuild shocks, weigh in race trim, check.

The SC10 was under-weight by a ton! I had to add 70g to get up to the class minimum of 2098g, then added an extra 14g to make sure I don't go under when I change to different sets of tires. I also installed some of the new orange slipper pads from the FTSC10 in both my SC10 and T4. FYI, AE didn't change the part number for this, so look up the current one, if you want to get them. I also still need to mount up the tires for Saturday and Sunday, but I can take care of that between qualifiers at the track.

I will sign-up when I get to the track since Jimmy announced at the last JBRL round that he will be taking entries up until 1hr before the start of the race, and that nobody will be turned away :)

No comments: