Sunday, February 1, 2015

2 Wins In A Row!

I raced stock buggy this time, Saturday 1/31/15. I brought my B4 with an old LRP X11 8.5 to jump the triple. I put more boost in the ESC to make more power for the triple and it worked!  I was able to clear it now without a perfect landing from the double.

I spent most of my practice runs running the mod buggy and having a good time. With an hour of practice left I brought out my stock car to break in some tires. Unfortunately the track was too wet and slimey to turn any decent laps. :-/  I did 1 run and cleaned up my ride for racing

The track was fast again (or my tires were spot on) and I turned another 18 lap run!
This time an 18:12 with a 16.5!  I beat my best run from Friday night and was a only 3 seconds behind fast guy Jose!



Round 2 didn't start off so well as I had a few small mistakes that let Jose pull away and I was below TQ pace. Jose had a moment and crashed, while I stepped it up and was back on a pace to take the TQ!  I had a clean run with no crashes and beat Jose's run by 3 seconds with an 18:06 and stole the TQ :)



I got the holeshot and opened up a good lead on lap 1 as a wreck in triple slowed the field.  At about the halfway mark, I shorted the double and flipped onto my lid. This allowed the 2nd place car to close within 1 section of me. But I stopped making dumb mistakes while he
crashed and opened up a huge lead!  I cruised in for the win a lap up on 2nd place with another 18 lap run. Fun times!


Thanks to the SDRC crew for a fun night of racing and a great track to race on. It was dialed!

No comments: