Monday, February 23, 2015

New layout racing @SDRC

I decided to race Stock buggy Friday night, to learn the new layout at SDRC. Which it turns out is a replica of the layout for the 2013 KO Propo race at West Coast. 

No huge jumps on this layout, as my stock buggy can easily clear the biggest jump on the track, a triple after a double in front of the drivers stand. 

There would be heads up qualifying again with 3 heats of stock buggy, only the heat winners from would transfer directly to the A main. 

I managed to win my 1st heat, securing my place in the A main.  I would qualify no lower than 6th in the A. 



In round 2 I started on the pole and lead the entire race. But, on the last 2 turns, I clipped the pipe, allowing 2nd place, then 3rd!  I dropped to 3rd and lost the TQ. 



I started 2nd in the A main after some sorting of the order based on who won a heat. 


I kept clean on the start and took over the lead on lap 2.  I won the race and was the only one to turn 15 laps :)

I returned Saturday to run mod buggy with my RC10WC with an 8.5 installed!  I started out by running it with the eps at 70%, but by the main it was at 90%. 




I broke in R1 and pushed in R2. I went back to the front tires I used in R1, but raised my front ride height and the cat handled much better!  I managed to finish in 5th place with my "old" car :)

No comments: