Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Reedy Race Layout!

We headed up north again, but this time to OCRC, home of the Reedy Race of Champions, for some Stock Buggy racing on Sunday 2/15/15. 

I got 2 runs in to learn the layout. One on new tires which sucked. And another on race tires, which was better.  At least I was able to clear the dreaded triple with my stock buggy :) On to racing!

I got tangled up a few times but managed to still finish 3rd, but with a slow 12 lap run. I would need to turn 13 laps to make the A. 


In round 2 I crashed over the triple too many times and finished 5th. At least I went 13 laps and qualified 5th in the A. My fast lap was now down to a 23.291 also. 


In the main I got a clean start and made my way up to 3rd by the 1 minute mark. I held 3rd up until the last lap when I flat landed and bounced onto my lid. I also didn't get marshaled as they all left before the race was actually over!  Geez!


John and I waiting for the main to start b

No comments: