Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Road Trip to IERC!

Stock Buggy, Saturday 2/7/15 @IERC

A bunch of SDRC locals headed out of town to race up at IERC Raceway. A few guys have never been up there and it was my 3rd trip up. 

Most of us raced in Hotshot stock buggy, a skill class between the guys right out rookie and the experts. 


In the first round I was on the wrong tires a super loose!  The car was almost undrivable!  I finished last n


In round 2 I put on some better tires, but this time my car pushed. I went faster but not fast enough t make he main. I would end up near he bottom of the B Main. 


Finally on the right tires my car handles awesome!  I took advantage of wrecks and pushed hard and managed to win the B Main and bump up to the A!


I started the A slowly wilting for a pile up to move up. It happened on the step up corner table top. A bunch of cars hot each other and I went around the outside and moved up to 4th!  I pushed and pushed and managed to take 3rd, but I crashed a bit too many time and eventually finished the race in 5th. 


However because our class was mixed with some expert guys, I actually finished 3rd in my class and won some race bucks and a toolbox plaque :)

Also because of the mixed classed a bunch of SDRC guys picked up race bucks and plaques!


Overall it was a fun trip north with some of the guys from SDRC!


SDRC pits at IERC!

No comments: