Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Tire crazy!

While I was racing at OCRC Sunday, I picked up a bunch of tires for my truck and 4wd. I didn't realize how many I bought until I sorted them out last night! I picked up front and rears for the truck, 2 pairs of rears for the 4wd and a pair of 4wd fronts. I guess it looks like alot of, since everything is un-mounted, and it's just a pile of tires, foams, and wheels. Tires account for 90% of your setup though, while the other 10% are adjustments to the shocks, suspension geometry, and chassis.

I ended up with some Edges and Stingers for the truck and Taper Pins front and rear for the 4wd. I then picked up a set of Square Fuzzies for the rears of the 4wd, because the Taper Pins didn't work very well on my truck. If the front taper's don't work either, I'll try some soft Panter Bobcats or make my own 4wd Square Fuzzie fronts. Another option are the Inside Jobs, front and rear. Hmmm... Looks like I have some tire testing to do :(


No comments: