Tuesday, May 5, 2015

4px temp sensor

One of the cool things you can do with the 4px is use telemetry data. I picked up the temp sensor for electric motors shortly after I got the radio and installed it in the new T5m I'm building.  If I like how it works I'll probably pick up another RF304SBe receiver and temp sensor to put in my B5m when I rebuild it. 

Temp sensor stuck to the motor with the provided aluminum tape. 

Telemetry menu in the 4px showing the current receiver voltage and temperature. I haven't found a way to show the temp on the main display :(

Temp sensor menu showing minimum, maximum, and current temp. I have the alarm set to go off at 180F. 

Looking forward to trying it out this weekend!  I'm a few clicks away on the radio from checking my motor temp :). No more carrying my temp gun and trying to put it on the motor to get a reading. Oh, and the radio will save the temp reading after the car is turned off until the radio is turned off :). So no need to temp right after the run.  Just check it before the radio is turned off. 

I also recently figured out how to assign the voice data to a switch such that when you press it, the radio tell you the current temp. If I hit the switch on the way off the stand after a run, I can find ou the temp that way without using the menu system!

Another option is to log the temp data and save it in a micro ad card so I can copy it to my netbook so I can look at it later. 


No comments: