Wednesday, May 13, 2015

SDRC's 3rd Layout

I decided to race on the 3rd layout at the new location on the 1st Friday race night for it. Because it would be my 1st night on it with limited practice, I raced my trusty stock buggy instead of my mod truck, which I've been racing the last few trips to the track. 

Something new was we were now allowed to use tire sauce!  No Liquid Wrench or diesel fuel and tires must be dry before going on the track. With this and more consistent misting, grip was really good right away!

The layout was flows and drives fast making it fun to drive. There is a double triple before coming onto the straight which is not easy to land consistently and stock buggy can just make with the right line up and speed. 

By the 2nd round I was turning some of the fastest laps (19.2), but I kept crashing at least a few times during the run, slowing down my race time. I managed to qualify 3rd and in the main moved up to 2nd early, but after getting caught in a pile up and over driving, I ended up finishing 6th. 





No comments: