Tuesday, May 19, 2015

JBRL Practice, Saturday 5/16/15

Another big crowd showed up to learn the layout for the JBRL race next Saturday.  A bunch of out of towners showed up, filling 3 heats of stock buggy and 2 of mod truck, which were the classes I was racing. 

I didn't do well in round 1 of stock buggy,  finishing 8th.  I got novice marshaled and crashed way too many times. In round 2 I drove a bit more conservative and put in a run which qualified me 5th overall. 

In the main I followed my brother around for few laps, but he was holding me up some so I asked him to go faster. He made a mistake which allowed me to get by for 3rd, where I remained until the end of the race. 




Mod truck wasn't as much fun as buggy. I was still tuning my esc settings for the 13.5, but I can't tell how they worked as I was struggling for rear grip. My new tires had no grip and my older sets were loose. The only combination of tires which felt ok were old rears with new fronts, as those pushed a little. I did manage a 20.0 lap, but it was hard to drive. 




No comments: