Wednesday, May 6, 2015

T5m ready to race!

I finished building my T5m last night and it's all set to race. I just need to break in the diff, set the ride height, and dial in the camber. I have a loaner body to run until my custom painted bodies are back from my painter in a couple of weeks. 

Some electronics install notes:

I had to raise the servo slightly using some thin M3 washers in order to not crush the transponder wire which runs under the servo.  I also had to add a 1mm ball stud washer and the bellcrank ball stud so the link wouldn't rub on the servo case. I don't remember doing this on the B5m. 

I had to shorten my esc wires as the initial lengths were too long. 

At first I had a normal sensor wire routing over the battery on its way to the motor. It was way too long and kept rubbing on the wire to the temp sensor on the motor. I swaped it out for a shorter flat sensor wire, which required me to remove the speedo from the chassis, which is why I don't like the sensor port located under the solder posts for the main wires.  On the flip side this location works great with a flat sensor wire routing under the battery on its way to the motor :). The flat wire didn't rub on the temp sensor wire like the normal one did. 

I mounted the temp sensor on the upper backside portion of the motor in about the same spot as where I take readings with my temp gun. The wire runs to the controller mounted in the right side pod, then the lead routes from there to the receiver.  In the truck I can mount the controller face up so I can see the status light. In a buggy it would need to mount on its side or maybe on top of the battery brace. 




No comments: