Thursday, May 28, 2015

IERC, Mod Truck, Saturday 5/23/15

Our group headed up to IERC for some club racing, since the JBRL was visiting our home track.  I brought my buggy and truck, but decided to only race truck, as I'm still working on finding a setup I like and needed to break in some new tires. 

During practice the motor actually reached my high temp alarm for my telemetry sensor!  180F!  So I geared my truck down again, going to an 81:23 ratio.

In the 1st qualifier I broke the plastic rear camber link mount again. Maybe I should use the aluminum version?  In the second qualifier I broke a rod end for one of the front shocks. That was a failure I've rarely seen. 

For the 2nd qualifier switched to a lighter rear spring (white-2.1 to green-2.0)  as I was still searching for some side bite. I also added another ball stud washer for the link while I was changing out the broken ball stub mount.

The truck felt a lot better and I was able to push much harder min fact I was in 2nd place when the front shock broke. I want to try some black-1.9 rear springs for the main, but the shop didn't have any, so I added another rear ball stud washer instead, for a total of 3mm. The same as I've been running on my buggy. 

I started 6th and finished 5th in the main. Not the best showing, but at least I moved up and my truck is starting to handle better :) 

I plan to lighten it up and get it closer to the minimum weight, as its 204g over weight!  I want a light truck mostly to get the motor temp down so I can gear back up. Maybe I should look into a fan also



No comments: