Monday, May 18, 2015

Summer Series Prep

I decided to race 2 classes Friday night, 5/15/15, to prepare for the upcoming SDRC Summer Series. I'm planning to race stock buggy and 13.5 truck. My buggy is working well, but the truck needs some help. 

In stock buggy some guys I used to race with from OCRC came down to practice for the JBRL next weekend. I wanted to have a good showing against them and pushed during qualifying. I managed to qualify 3rd behind one guy and ahead of the other.  I led most of the race, but stuffed a pipe and crashed a few more times on the last lap and dropped to 3rd. Oh well. 




In truck I would be running my 13.5 for the 1st time and need to figure out the gearing and esc setting for this motor. It was running on the hot side (165F), probably due to the weight (1905g!). Between that and trying break in a pair of tires, my truck either pushed or was loose. I still managed to qualify and finish 3rd, but didn't like the way the truck handled. 




No comments: